Here is the recipe of Chicken Lollipop - the most beloved starter of almost all Non-vegetarian Indians.
Cook Time- 1 hour
Servings- 10 lollipops
All you need is-
Prep the chicken wings-
- Chicken wing drumettes - 10
- Red Chili powder - 2 tbsps.
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tbsps.
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp.
- Corn Flour - 2-3 tbsps.
- All purpose flour- 1 tsp.
- Finely chopped green chillies - 2
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp.
- Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
This is how we do it-
- Get 8-10 chicken wing drumettes. Wash them & cut the flesh at the end of the bone and gather all the meat to the top but pushing with the knife and your fingers.
- If you don't find the drumettes directly in stores, you can get 5-6 whole chicken wings. Cut the tip off and you will be left with the 'flat' portion and the 'drumette' portion of the chicken wing. Cut where the 2 portions meet and separate the 2 parts. Repeat the previous step with the flat and drumette portions.
- Marinate the chicken in 1 1/2 tbsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, garam masala, soy sauce, salt, pepper, green chillies. Let it sit for 35-40 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the corn flour,salt, remaining ginger garlic paste and chili powder. Add in some water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadhai.
- Dip the chicken wings in the batter, tap the excess off and fry on medium to high heat for 4-5 minutes or till well cooked.
- Make sure that the oil is not too hot as this will burn the exterior of the wings and they will stay uncooked from the inside.
- You can wrap the end of the bone with aluminum foil as a grip, which will make it easier to have the lollipops while they are hot.
- Serve it with Schezwan sauce & enjoy!
Labels: food, non-vegetarian, recipe