So it was my mom's birthday on the 22nd and i volunteered to be incharge of the kitchen for the day.
On the menu was the following- Afghani Murgh Kebabs
and Chicken Pizza.
Trust me..the combination of good food, wine and hookah just can't be beaten.
That gets me to the main topic of discussion of the post ..the PIZZA..
I made everything at home..the dough (I found a better recipe for the dough since this recipe happened
)..the sauce..the toppings(well almost)..and luckily..all turned out to be really fine. Infact it turned out to be so good that it was my blog-spiration.
So here is the recipe and the list of select toppings I used..
- Lukewarm Water 1⁄4 cup
- Active dry yeast 1 teaspoons
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Bread flour 340 grams
- Salt 1 teaspoons
- Olive oil 1/2 tablespoon
- Water 150 ml
- Sprinkle yeast on top of water, sprinkle sugar on yeast and stir gently. Let sit until foamy, 15-20 minutes.
- Measure flour, salt and oil into a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and remaining water. Stir to incorporate.
- Scoop the dough mixture onto table or countertop for kneading.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes. Time will depend on the speed and force applied during the kneading process.
- Round the dough and place back in bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled. Take dough out of bowl and divide into pieces.
- Round, flour generously and cover. Let rest until risen 1 1⁄2 times in size. Pizza Dough is ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. If using a pizza stone, let it preheat in the oven as per instructions.
- Stretch one piece of dough into desired shape. Place the dough on a peel sprinkled with cornmeal or flour.
- Top the dough with desired toppings.I used chicken cooked in olive oil and capsicum,green olives,fresh tomatoes,capsicum and lightly fried onions.
Labels: pizza, recipe