Pizza is something I can have anytime, everyday, even at 3 a.m in the morning.
Most of us just can't get enough of..right?
So I had to have another pizza post as a tribute to my undying love for pizaaa.
I had done a post on pizza earlier (Link to the Post) but I'm doing it again because I found a pizza dough recipe which makes an amazingly better base.
This base is firm yet soft, extremely delicious and most importantly very very easy to make.
Here's a picture of the pizza I made with this base and half and half toppings-one side pepperoni and the other side chicken tossed in onion and basil!
The recipe for the pizza dough-
All we need is-
This is how we do it-
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Add yeast and sugar to 3/4th cup of warm water and set aside till it becomes frothy.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, olive oil, water, flour and yeast.
- Knead the dough and when done place it in a bowl lined with oil,covering it and placing the bowl in a warm place.
- Let the dough rise(takes minimum 1-2 hrs)
- Once risen to almost double its size, place it on the counter and knead it till all the air from the risen dough is out.
- Divide the dough into smaller portions.The size of each portion will depend on how wide you want the base to be.
- Cover the divided portions with wet cloth and keep aside for additional 30 mins to 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, place the dough on the baking plate on which you wish to bake it and start pushing it out with your fingers and stretch it.Make sure that you keep the crust thick while flattening the rest of the base.
- Pick the flattened base in your hand and stretch it lightly with your knuckles.Be careful at this point because over-stretching can cause the base to tear.
- Once ready, place the base on the baking plate and place the cheese, sauce and the toppings over it. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese melts completely.
- Enjoy it while it's hot.
Labels: food, pizza, pizza base, recipe