(Recipe of Egg Masala- Anda Maharani)
Eggs are, I guess, the most versatile gift of nature to us..So many ways to consume the cute lil thing.There are innumerable recipes in which it's used, right from recipes of starters to desserts.
In a way I'm obsessed with eggs..Can have them every single day and never get bored of it.
I guess I share this particular passion of mine with my darling Frank Reynolds (Previously mentioned in Garlicky Shrimp Post
) who has this insane fixation with eggs..esp. raw eggs..
|Danny Devito as an undercover millionaire posing to be a limo driver, in a hope of finding true love..|
|Look how his head looks egg-actly like an egg!!|
Weird fixations apart, I want to share a lovely recipe of Eggs..Anda masala. My dad always called it 'Anda Maharani' for some reason , when in fact nothing so called exists.
So basically it's my mother's indigenous recipe of cooking eggs in a bhaaji (sabzi) format. Nevertheless we found the title 'Anda Maharani' so adorable that the name got stuck for years to come.
It's a very easy and delightful recipe to cook eggs, that can be had with chapatis, parathas etc.
To me, it specially comes in handy when fridge and kitchen is low on supplies & I'm staring at the kitchen and wondering about the million dollar question 'आज काय जेवण बनवायचे ?'
I really thank mom for this recipe as it made our not so interesting lunch breaks during school totally worth waiting for!
Here is the recipe that saved the day like a zillion times-
This is how we do it-
- In a fry pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add green chili and chopped onions to the pan and sauté.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and red chili powder and sauté well for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and keep mixing until tomatoes are cooked well.
- Once the mixture is almost ready add salt and spread it evenly throughout the pan. Make pockets in the mixture to cook eggs in.
- Crack open eggs one by one in the pockets made and cook on low flame with a lid on.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until a white film forms on the eggs and they are cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and enjoy with chapatis!
It's a mouth watering yet very simple recipe so I hope u guys give it a try.
Happy Cooking!! #Eggs #Anda Masala
Labels: food, recipe