(Recipe of Garlic Shrimp & Mixed Greens Salad)
Every once in a while I get motivated to cook something healthy.
Usually the motivation is triggered by the increasing trend in my weight chart(how I wish it was my investment graph).
Or the fact that I have managed to develop a ball like appearance lately & started resembling Danny Devito (No offense to Mr. Devito, he's a classic actor and I love him!)
|Danny as 'Trash Man' in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia|
Recently I have found some pretty good recipes which are both healthy AND tasty.
So in the spirit of sharing the importance of good health and making my blog fatter, I'm gonna post atleast 1 genuinely healthy and easy to make recipe every month.
Let's start with Garlic Shrimp and Mixed Greens Salad.
Perfect Combination of 2 things i love....Garlic and Shrimp!
Though garlic lends a very intense taste to the shrimp, it does it without masking the real flavour of the shrimp.
You will need-
- Shrimp-1 pound/0.5 kg
- Garlic-4-5 cloves(finely chopped)
- Butter- 1tsp.
- Chili Flakes-1/2 tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder & Salt to taste
- Chopped Cilantro
How it's done-
Mixed Greens Salad-
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Rub salt and pepper onto the shrimp and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil on high heat.
- Add shrimp to it and cook for a couple of minutes. Make sure the shrimp is dry.
- Add minced garlic and sauté till shrimp is almost cooked.
- Add butter and chili flakes.The shrimp should cook in about 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
You can use any green vegetables or salad leaves.
I used a mix of baby kale, spinach, chard beet tops and some baby tomatoes.
You could also take lettuce, cucumbers, onions, bell peppers etc.
Dressing- Apple cider vinaigrette
Any sort of vinaigrette would go really well with this salad.
I did a simple apple cider vinaigrette with the following-
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tsps (Be sure not to go overboard with the vinegar quantity, as it's flavour tends be overwhelming)
- Honey/Sugar- 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin olive oil- 1tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all of the above together and toss in all of the salad leaves.
Toss and mix it gently and serve it with yummy Gar-licky shrimpies.
Link to more Seafood recipes on my blog-
- Stuffed Pomfret Fry- Bharlela Paplet
- Baked Tilapia & Turnip Greens
- Prawn Pulao- Shrimp Rice
Labels: food, FOOD FOR TAUT, healthy, recipe, salad, shrimp