(Recipe of Baked Tilapia & Side of Turnip Greens)
Heyo!! Back with another recipe in the 'Food For Taut' Segment.
We are making Baked Tilapia & a side of Turnip Greens. The recipe is very simple and quick to make.
Tilapia is a very healthy option for dinner. Not only is it high in protein but also is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which provides essential nutrients for our health. Most importantly, at least for me, it tastes simply delicious!
Here is the recipe for Baked Tilapia. It requires very basic ingredients which you can easily find in your kitchen.
I served it with a simple side of turnip greens ( Recipe courtesy of Mr. Varun Govande ) which made it a wholesome meal.
This is all you need-
For the Baked Fish-
*Cayenne Pepper is preferred but you can substitute it with Paprika or Red Chili Powder.
For the Turnip greens-
This is how we do it-
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 degree centigrade.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and baste it with olive oil.
- Rub the fish fillets with salt, pepper, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Coat it with minced garlic. Let it sit at least for 30 minutes.
- Place the fish fillets on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.There is no need to flip the fish.
- Wash the turnip greens and chop them roughly.
- Heat some oil in a pan and on a low flame, add minced garlic.
- Increase the heat to medium and mix in the turnip greens.
- Add vinegar, salt and black pepper powder. Sauté for a minute.
- As the leaves of the turnip get reduced in size, stir in the vinegar and cook for 1/2 a minute.
- Serve it with the Baked Tilapia.
I hope you try the recipe and make it part of your regular diet. The recipe is extremely savory and definitely an amazing bargain for all the health benefits it provides.
Labels: FISH, food, FOOD FOR TAUT, non-vegetarian, recipe