This recipe of Chicken in Mushroom sauce is a heavenly delight. It's insanely easy to make, is ready in a few minutes and is a wholesome meal that will keep you full for a long time.
The blanket of velvety mushroom sauce jazzes up the humble pan seared chicken and transforms it into a fancy entrée .
Cook Time- 25-30 minutes
Serves- 2 people
All you need is-
This is how we do it-
- Chicken Breasts - 2 portions(1/2 pound)
- Baby Bella Mushrooms - 1 packet
- Asparagus - 6-8 spears
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Light cream - 1/2 cup
- Chicken broth - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Rosemary & Thyme - A pinch each
- Cayenne pepper/Paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into quarters.Cut the chicken breasts into pieces of desired size. Season the pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. To it add some olive oil and the chicken.
- Lightly season asparagus with salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Sear it along with the chicken.
- Cook the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes on each side. Sear them well to get a nice golden brown crust.
- Remove the chicken and asparagus from the pan and wrap it loosely in an aluminium foil. Set it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and the mushrooms.
- Sauté them while loosening the crust formed on the pan leftover from the fried chicken.Make sure you get all the bits as that is where the flavor lies.
- Once the mushrooms start to soften and become little watery add the butter and minced garlic to the pan and sauté .
- Once the garlic turns golden brown add in the chicken broth and light cream.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to the mushroom sauce and cook it till its texture turns creamy.
- Remove the sauce from heat and mix in the vinegar and half of the lemon juice in the mushroom sauce.Splash the remaining lemon juice over the asparagus.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken and garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Serve it with the side of asparagus and enjoy.
Labels: FOOD FOR TAUT, healthy, non-vegetarian, recipe