Cabbage Soup Recipe
Soups are a great way to incorporate veggies, you would want to avoid otherwise, in your diet.
This recipe of Cabbage soup is a great mix of many vegetables and is shockingly very tasty too. After I made it for dinner one day, Varun asked if there was some soup left for the next day!!
That convinced me that I wasn't imagining about the soup tasting really good.
So I thought that this recipe was definitely worth sharing!
All the ingredients are immensely nutritious and all you dieters can even make it a part of your cabbage soup diet. It's easy to make, delicious and you're left with a full and happy tummy.
All you need is-
This is how we do it-
- Cabbage - 1/4 portion of the whole(Almost 1/2 pound)
- Minced garlic- 1 tsp
- Celery - 2 sticks
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Capsicum - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Chicken Broth- 1/2 cup (Optional)
- Condiments- Salt, Ground Pepper, Rosemary(Optional), Thyme(Optional)
- A green chili (Optional)
- Oil - 2 tsps
- Water- 2-3 Cups
- Chop all the vegetables into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Slit a green chili lengthwise and add it to the pan.
- Add onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and stir for 1/2 a minute.
- Add rest of the veggies, except cabbage and mix them well. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage and cook for about a minute.
- Add boiling hot water and chicken broth.
- Let the soup cook for a while until the veggies become tender.
- Add all the condiments and stir.
- Serve it hot.
- Alternatively you can cook the veggies in a pressure cooker.This will ensure that they cook faster. Once veggies are cooked, you can add desired amount of water, chicken stock and the condiments.
- You can also add other vegetables of your choice like corn, peas etc. to the soup.
Links to other healthy recipes on the blog-
- Garlicky Shrimp & Mixed Greens Salad
- Baked Tilapia & Turnip Greens
- Chicken in Velvety Mushroom Sauce
Labels: food, FOOD FOR TAUT, healthy, recipe